“I’m Leaving on a Jet Plane, Don’t Know When I’ll Be Back Again.”
These iconic lines are from the cult classic song ‘Leaving on a Jet Plane’ by Phil Collings.
Flying is a very popular option nowadays. This is because time is money, and people are always in a hurry nowadays. But not just that. Customers also choose to fly because of how luxurious, safe, and efficient it can be.
But traveling in flights is not as easy as it actually seems! There are a lot of mistakes people make while booking their flight tickets. Some things they may overlook or may consider insignificant. We will show you a variety of things that make your flight experience better. There are few things to keep in mind while flight booking. So, Top10About going to share top 10 things that flyers need to think before flight booking.
Also for Read: Top 10 Best Things to do in Traveling for Time Pass
Top 10 Things to keep in mind while Flight Booking
10. Research Your Trip!
Up first on the list of top 10 things to remember while flight booking is this. First and foremost, users must research their trip. And research it thoroughly! This is the first step to taking a great vacation.
Flyers, before you book your tickets, take a good look at a variety of diverse aspects before you take off so to speak. Read up on different places, different destinations or locations you would want to travel to.
Research would also involve looking at different ways to get a reduced price of your ticket. Users will also need to examine the dates of their travels, the amount of days, different places to stay and many more things!
And that is not all! There are several other things to consider as well, such as:
- What is the local currency of the place you are traveling to? What is the exchange rate there? How much money should you carry with you?
- Is the location of your hotel or home stay in a safe district?
- What is the weather like this time of the year?
- What are the emergency phone numbers for your destination?
- What is the language spoken there and can you converse with them enough to get in and out of a place, or avoid trouble? Do you know basic phrases?
- If you have any people with special needs, the elderly, or maybe a pregnant lady what are the precautions and measures you need to take before – hand?
These are just a few examples of what a user wishing to book a flight ticket must first research on. But worry not, there are online sites that can also help users out with this research of theirs. Some of these mega trip advisor sites are Make My Trip, Trivago, Goibibo and many more. These sites even have special deals for incredible discount rates and cash backs. One example of that is Make My Trip daily offers!
9. Book Your Tickets Wisely – Travel Agent VS Online Booking!
Next up on this list is booking your travel tickets wisely and smartly! Booking your flight tickets in an intelligent manner can give users a very nice in – flight experience, such as good timing flights, nice service, good seats and many more things. But the biggest advantage of this is, you can get amazing flights for the cheapest of rates!
There are two ways users can book airline tickets: through an agent, or through online trip planning sites. We would personally recommend you choose to plan your trip through a certified online web site such as Make My Trip, Clear Trip or any such web stores. This because it is imperative for users to book tickets through a verified source and these web sites have helped millions of customers worldwide! And there is no large commission fee charged as well, as would be the case with an agent. Check out here Top 10 Best Travel Apps that Make Traveling Easier.
The Advantages of Online Flight Booking:
Users can book from any place, at anytime and anywhere! They don’t even need to leave the comfort of their homes.
Users now have the freedom and the luxury to scour around for the best prices on multiple web sites. There are even offers like makemytrip daily offers where you get amazing discounts per day.
- Early Check-In
Flyers can save so much time with early check in as they will be able to skip standing in the long tedious lines at the airport and go straight to baggage deposit!
- Changes and Cancellation
A user wanting to change, amend or cancel their flight ticket can do it very easily without any penalty charges in most cases.
Users who want to get the cheapest tickets can also use the following tricks:
- Search flight tickets in incognito mode or clear cookies each time
- Identify cheapest day to fly out
- Pick a budget airline if the journey isn’t too long
8. Make Plans and an Itinerary
Before you set off, it is important to get a concrete plan of action in place. Travellers need to have an itinerary in place to follow or else your trip will fall apart. You need to get your dates sorted, your days scheduled and your activities all planned.
Some things that travellers can do while making an itinerary or a plan are:
- Users can take a look at guidebooks, different websites and travel journals to learn more about their destination and figure out some cool tourist destinations.
- Plan their days well in advanced so that they can visit all the spots without missing anything out or having to hurry at the end
- Create a planned schedule of activities to do
- The Hotel concierge can be a very good source of information once you are there as they can help you visit some lesser known tourist spots as well, especially if you want to take in the local culture.
7. Select Your Flight Carrier with Care
One other important thing to keep in mind before you set off to book your flights is, choosing the right flight itself! This may sound like an easy task, but it is something a lot of people tend to overlook.
Some things to remember before you choose your flight are:
- Check multiple airlines for the cheapest fares
- Check different dates for the best rates
- Checking the amount of baggage that you can carry (even whether check in baggage is allowed or not should be taken into consideration)
- The number of stops the flight has and the duration of the halt
- Book as early as possible- last minute flights are always more expensive
- Clear cookies before booking your flights, or use the incognito mode- flight fares increase if you visit the same page repeatedly
- Flights during Holiday seasons will be more expensive than off – season tickets
These are some of the things that users need to keep in mind while choosing a flight carrier service. These can help save you money as well as save a carefree and safe comfortable trip!
6. Get Immunizations Before You Travel
Traveling out of the country? Traveling to a place where you can contract a disease? Then get vaccinated today! It is true what they say- it is always better to be safe than sorry, and that applies to when you are traveling as well!
Getting your vaccinations before you take off is a very important step that all travellers must take, especially if you are traveling to a place where the chances of contracting a disease are high.
One very common example of getting immunizations, is with the case of travellers visiting Africa. All those going there have to get their yellow fever injections.
Some important things to keep in mind before users leave for their vacation are:
- Know before you Go- it is always better to know what sort of diseases one might contract in your destination and so, prevention is better than cure. You can accordingly get your immunizations
- Users should find out before hand where you can get these vaccinations done
- Customers should visit a travel clinic in their city
- Travellers should also read up on different special needs aspects, such as:
- Do you have a weak or altered immune system?(due to illnesses such as diabetes or HIV)
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Are you traveling with a baby or child?
- Do you have an elderly person with you?
For more information, you can check the UK National Health Services’ detailed information regarding the travel immunization that one might need while traveling abroad.
These are some of the preventive steps that travellers can take to avoid any unwanted event from occurring. Moreover, proof of immunization has also become a requirement for some countries. You need to show these before entering their country.
5. Travel Insurance is a Must
While travelling, getting insured is a must. And this is for an assortment of different reasons. The biggest reason is, travel insurance gives you a sort of assurance that you will be able to afford medical care abroad if disaster were to strike.
Getting medical attention while on traveling can be really expensive. Without insurance, customers might have to cover their emergency expenses on your own and that too can become quite a hefty price tag!
Travel insurance will cover things such as:
- Lost or stolen items like a bag or mobile phone
- Emergency medical assistance
- The cost of cancelling or cutting your trip short,
- In some cases, even personal liabilities are covered as well
- It can even help if your passport is lost!
Travel insurance is a must in all cases and travelling without getting insured is a silly and highly unwise decision.
4. Know your Baggage and Carry on Allowance
Another very crucial step in your pre-trip planning routine is getting to know and understand your baggage and carry on allowances. Airlines have certain specifications about the bags they can carry as well as their weight. And that is not all. They have their own set of rules regarding their carry on luggage allowance as well! Travellers, before leaving should definitely check with their airlines before setting off.
One very important thing to keep in mind as well, is that travellers should pack all their essentials in their hand baggage. This is because if you were to get lost, or the airlines lose your luggage, you would still be able to survive.These essentials will include your passport, your ID proof, wallet, all tickets and travel documents, medications if you have any, your phone and maybe even your laptop if you are on a business trip. It is important to pack smart!
3. Dress Appropriately- Dress for comfort and convenience
One lesser thought of aspect of travelling is the clothes you decide to wear while in transit, so to speak. What users forget it is, dressing appropriately can greatly improve your travel experience. In the case of long haul flights, wearing a tight – fitting jeans, or a shirt may be a very bad idea! It can leave you uncomfortable and in a cranky mood. And so, for a better in-flight experience, dressing smart is vital!
- On a Long Flight– Conditions in a plane like the air, the cabin pressure, his seating space, his travelling neighbor and limited space can be an enduring experience which can take atoll on the most avid traveller as well! That is why, on a long flight where something that may not be the most stylish but certainly is the most comfortable. A loose-fitting pair of tracks or sweat pants, a breezy t-shirt, maybe a hoodie, and open airy shoes are your best bet.
- On a Short Flight– On a short flight, you can dress as impeccably as you wish. Short flights usually take less than 4 – 5 hours and you can manage to not feel suffocated in them or uncomfortable. You attire could be a buttoned-up shirt with may be a tie, long pants or trousers, an overcoat as well. A suit would be a nice attire to port as well!
2. Pack Smart
We are towards the end of the list here now. This segment will talk about packing smart. Packing smart is an important aspect of travel. Knowing what to take a what not to can be a very important thing to consider.
So, what are the basics that users need to pack while travelling?
The list is as follows:
- Lightweight clothing Shirts
- Sweaters or a fleece jacket
- Rain jacket, windbreaker or umbrella
- T-shirts and shirts
- Pants and/or shorts
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Electric converters and adapters
10.Prepare for Airport Security
Last point on this list of top 10 things to keep in mind while flight booking. Due to the increase in attacks over the past years, airports have increased their security tenfold! And for good reason now. Due to the numerous checks, flying has now become one of the safest modes of travel. But these long lines, intrusive officers, and your fellow grumpy flyers make Airport Security checks one of the less enjoyable aspects of travel. But there are ways to make this process smoother! The following list will encapsulate everything you need to know to prepare yourself for airport security:
- Pack light and follow all the airport rules regarding size, weight and dimensions
- Wear slip-ons, especially if you are flying abroad because you will be made to take off your shoes for checking
- Pack liquids and gels in the right amounts- excess will be thrown away
- Pack your belongings in a neat and organized manner so that it is easy for airport security to open and check it. It will also ensure that they do not mess your things up.
- Make sure you have your boarding pass, passport and other ID proof in hand. This will make the entire process very smooth and will not hold up the line as well.
- Put all the items mentioned in the point above away safely in a hand back as soon as you have checked in. Your passport, your ticket and ID proof is worth more than gold at an airport and if you happen to lose or misplace it, it could lead to a very sticky situation. Nobody wants that unwanted experience of answering airport security.
- Carry enough local currency with you as well. You will most probably need it as soon as you land, either to hail a cab or grab a bite.
These were the top 10 things that everyone must keep in mind before they decide to book their flight ticket. That is one of the last things that one must do when it comes to planning a vacation. Follow the list given above here, and we ensure that you will have a pleasant, convenient and splendid holiday without any hassle! And you are not alone in planning your trip. There are online web stores as well like Make My Trip, Clear Trip, Goibibo and plenty more that can help make the process smooth and worry – free. And if that was not enough, these stores also have offers which will make your vacation not only better but cheaper as well!
So, don’t wait any longer! Plan your vacation TODAY!